myNEO is looking for a full-time strategic alliance manager.
Are you passionate about actively helping in implementing personalized cancer treatments, alongside accomplished biotech experts? Are you looking for an ambitious new project that allows you to lead and further expand a company with your own vision?
Who are we?
myNEO is a Belgian bio-tech company in Ghent, focused on identifying, exploring and validating personalized cancer treatments based on genomic analysis of sequencing data. The developed bioinformatics platform is continuously being optimized based on results from our own experiments and other published papers. At the core of this platform is an immunotherapeutic pathway, offering an alternative to the general chemo-/radiotherapy commonly used. This implemented algorithms involve the search of tumour-specific mutations in the patients’ blood and tumour sample, followed by exploration of these mutations and their immunogenic impact.
The company’s office is in Meetdistrict - Ghelamco arena (Ghent), where we work with dozens of other like-minded start-ups in a relaxed atmosphere.
What does the job entail?
The job entails managing both science (bioinformatic platform), business development (marketing, partner identification and contract negotiation) and support of the strategic general C-level administration.
Within myNEO the following responsibilities will be yours:
• Managing future developments of the myNEO genomic analysis platform
• Coordinating both in-silico and in-vitro experiments of the myNEO platform
• Attend and present at conferences to increase myNEO visibility
• Aligning developments with the long-term business vision of the company
• Negotiating new partnerships, contracts, and deals in line with a sustainable company growth
• Mastering the myNEO financials and accountancy documentation
• Attending brainstorm and scientific operating board sessions
• Actively follow-up on the companies milestones and progress
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time senior profile to join our team with the following profile:
• A scientific background, master or PhD level in a life sciences
• At least 5 to 8 years of experience in the field of genomic analysis and target discovery
• Preferably experience at management-level or taken up a comparable business/mgmt. role in a pharma/biotech company with external partners (as project manager or business developer)
• Track record for scientific publishing (presentations at conferences, journals)
• Good insights into the set-up of new scientific experiments and research collaborations
• Familiar with business development varying from lead discovery to contract closing
• Strong interest in cancer research and personalized therapeutics is highly recommended
• Team player who is able to be flexible and work independently
What do we offer?
• A competitive salary pay-out
• Flexible working hours and home office 1-2 days/week
• Generous benefits package (laptop, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, bicycle allowance)
• The possibility to grow side-by-side with the company and to get responsibilities from day 1
• Involvement in discussions with highly experienced academics, doctors, and industrialists.
Have we piqued your interest? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to portrait your motivation. You’ll be asked over for both general and technical interviews, and a meet and greet with one of our investors.