We are continuously on the look-out for interesting profiles. Be invited to send in your CV and we will review it for future open positions!
Are you passionate about actively helping in implementing new personalized cancer treatments, alongside accomplished biotech experts? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your knowledge?
Who are we?
myNEO is a Belgian bio-tech company in Ghent, focused on identifying, exploring and validating personalized cancer treatments. The developed AI-learning models are continuously being optimized based on results from our own trials and other published papers. At the core of this platform is an immunotherapeutic pathway, offering an alternative to the general chemo-/radiotherapy commonly used. This implemented data-driven pathway involves the search for tumour-specific mutations in the patients’ blood and tumour.
The hands-on approach of a young start-up company is omnipresent and every employee is directly involved in substantial decision making. Therefore each employee is able to grow side-by-side with the company and gains responsibilities from day 1. The company’s offices are located in Ghent (near UZ-Ghelamco area) where we work next to other like-minded start-ups in a relaxed atmosphere. Working remotely for a few days a week presents no issues as myNEO thinks highly of the well-being and work pleasure of its employees. A work hard/play hard balance is endorsed and so flexibility is important on both ends. myNEO is a team of young people that work closely together where open communication is encouraged and pleasant working relations are developed.
What does the job entail?
As a data scientist in myNEO the following responsibilities will be yours:
- Run, monitor and maintain our state-of-the-art neoantigen discovery pipeline
- Research, develop, implement, and document new features
- Assess the quality of the pipeline results
- Independently lead external projects in collaboration with various partners, from project kick-off to handover of deliverables
- Present your progress and results in a clear and engaging fashion
- Maintain a scientific watch to remain at the cutting edge of the field
- Attend conferences and training workshops to improve your knowledge and to network
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time data scientist to join our team with the following profile:
- PhD in bioinformatic engineering, bioengineering or another related field
- Experience in NGS data handling, processing, and analysis
- Experience in variant calling processes
- Familiar with biological databases design, curation and maintenance
- Good programming skills (1+ languages Python, Perl, R, C++, Julia)
- Experience with High-performance computing and performance optimization
- Cancer immuno-biology background (cancer metabolism, tumour genomics, innate immune responses)
- Strong interest in cancer research and personalized therapeutics is highly recommended
- Interest in fast-track growing towards team supervision, i.e. following up on junior bioinformaticans in their progress and provide guidance
- Critical about assessing implications of research and able to convert them into pathway functionalities
- Team player who is able to be flexible and work independently
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary pay-out
- Flexible working hours and home office 1-2 days/week
- Generous benefits package (laptop, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, bicycle allowance)
- The possibility to grow side-by-side with the company and to get responsibilities from day 1
- Involvement in discussions with highly experienced academics, doctors, and industrialists.
Have we piqued your interest?
Are we everything you’re looking for and vice versa? Send an email to email@example.com to portrait your motivation. You’ll be asked over for a general and technical interview, and a meet and greet with a manager.