We are looking for a full-time Junior Bioinformatician / Data Scientist
Are you passionate about actively helping in implementing new personalised cancer treatments, alongside accomplished biotech experts? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your knowledge?
Who are we?
myNEO is a Belgian biotech company in Ghent, focused on identifying, exploring, and validating personalised cancer treatments based on genomic analysis of sequencing data. We’ve developed a bioinformatics platform that is continuously being optimised based on results from our own experiments as well as from published research studies in the field of immune oncology. Our proprietary state-of-the-art algorithms, incorporated in the platform, are open for licensing by biotech and pharma companies to improve the efficacy & applicability of the immunotherapies they are developing. We take great pride in the fact that our approach for analysis of and reporting on a cancer patient’s sequencing data is compatible with clinical timelines and focused on providing clinical value to the patient.
The hands-on approach of a young start-up company is omnipresent, and every employee is directly involved in substantial decision making. Therefore, each employee is able to grow side-by-side with the company and gains responsibilities from day 1. Working remotely for a few days a week presents no issues as myNEO thinks highly of the well-being and work pleasure of its employees. A work hard/play hard balance is endorsed and so flexibility is important on both ends. myNEO is a team of young people that work closely together in which open communication is encouraged and pleasant working relations are developed.
What does the job entail?
You will be responsible for:
- Running, monitoring, and maintaining our state-of-the-art neoantigen discovery pipeline
- Researching, developing, implementing, and documenting new features
- Assessing the quality of the bioinformatics analysis results
- Presenting your progress and results in a clear and engaging fashion
- Maintaining a scientific watch to remain at the cutting edge of the field
- Attending conferences and training workshops to improve your knowledge and to network
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time junior bioinformatician to join our team with the following profile:
- 0 to 3 years of experience in the field
- Experience in NGS data handling, processing, and analysis
- Experience in variant calling processes is a plus
- Familiar with biological databases design, curation, and maintenance
- Good programming skills (1+ languages Python, Perl, R, C++, Julia)
- Experience with High-performance computing and performance optimisation
- Cancer biology background is a plus (cancer metabolism, tumour genomics, innate immune responses)
- Strong interest in cancer research and personalised therapeutics is highly recommended
- Critical about assessing implications of research and able to convert them into pathway functionalities
- Team player who is able to be flexible and work independently
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and home office 1-2 days/week
- A generous benefits package (laptop, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, bicycle allowance)
- The possibility to grow side-by-side with the company and to get responsibilities from day 1
- Involvement in discussions with highly experienced academics, doctors, and industrialists.
Have we piqued your interest?
Are we everything you’re looking for and vice versa? Send an email to email@example.com to portrait your motivation. You’ll be asked over for a general and technical interview, and a meet and greet with a manager.