We are looking for a full-time Full Stack Software Engineer
Are you passionate about actively helping in implementing new personalised cancer treatments, alongside accomplished biotech experts? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your knowledge?
Who are we?
myNEO is a Belgian biotech company in Ghent, focused on identifying, exploring, and validating personalised cancer treatments based on genomic analysis of sequencing data. We’ve developed a bioinformatics platform that is continuously being optimised based on results from our own experiments as well as from published research studies in the field of immune oncology. Our proprietary state-of-the-art algorithms, incorporated in the platform, are open for licensing by biotech and pharma companies to improve the efficacy & applicability of the immunotherapies they are developing. We take great pride in the fact that our approach for analysis of and reporting on a cancer patient’s sequencing data is compatible with clinical timelines and focused on providing clinical value to the patient.
The hands-on approach of a young start-up company is omnipresent, and every employee is directly involved in substantial decision making. Therefore, each employee is able to grow side-by-side with the company and gains responsibilities from day 1. Working remotely for a few days a week presents no issues as myNEO thinks highly of the well-being and work pleasure of its employees. A work hard/play hard balance is endorsed and so flexibility is important on both ends. myNEO is a team of young people that work closely together in which open communication is encouraged and pleasant working relations are developed.
What does the job entail?
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team and lead our software development activities aimed at leveraging public cloud infrastructure to deploy cutting-edge software applications to support (both pre-clinical as well as clinical) cancer immunotherapy development activities for the partners we work with.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing on myNEO’s ‘customer-/partner-facing’ software development roadmap
- Optimising and maintaining the full software technology stack
- Translating functional, performance, interfacing, and security-related requirements into architectural and technical designs and implementations
- Overseeing release and deployment activities (including IQ, OQ, and PQ)
- Operationally managing and monitoring the public cloud environment
- Supporting the team in their bioinformatics development and operational cloud activities
What are we looking for?
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience as a full stack engineer
- Fluent in working with AWS and commonly used full stack AWS services: Route 53, Amazon Cognito, AWS Lambda / Fargate, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Amplify, S3 / DynamoDB / Amazon Aurora, …
- Experience with responsive UI design, micro-services architectures, and serverless
- Familiar with SRE / Infrastructure-as-code way of working
- Interest in cancer research and personalised therapeutics is highly recommended
- Experience in data visualisation techniques & Machine Learning/Deep Learning is a plus
- Experience with high-performance computing and performance optimisation is a plus
- Team player who is able to be flexible and work independently
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and home office 1-2 days/week
- A generous benefits package (laptop, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, bicycle allowance)
- The possibility to grow side-by-side with the company and to get responsibilities from day 1
- Involvement in discussions with highly experienced academics, doctors, and industrialists.
Have we piqued your interest?
Are we everything you’re looking for and vice versa? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to portrait your motivation. You’ll be asked over for a general and technical interview, and a meet and greet with a manager.